CHURCH HOUSE in Kent Gardens is available to be hired for regular or one-off events.
Contact Sue Murphy in the Parish Office on 01843 840777 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about how to make a booking in Church House. See below for further details.
KEARNS HALL in Grenham Bay Avenue is available to be hired for regular or one-off events. Contact Loraine or David on 07465 668348 for further information about how to make a booking in Kearns Hall. See below for further details.
The big hall and the smaller committee room are available for hire for groups, parties, quiz nights, receptions, meetings etc.
The large hall is equipped with 13 long tables (seating 8-10) and 11 smaller ones (seating 4-6). Capacity is up to 90 sitting down. There are stage blocks at one end with power points at several points.
There is a fully equipped kitchen with electric urn, cooker, microwave oven and fridge freezer.
The committee room seats 20 maximum and is ideal for meetings, small groups and get-togethers.
Both are served by disabled access ramp into Church House and ladies, gents and disabled WCs.
There is parking room for up to 30 cars.
The spacious hall is fully equipped with both large and small tables and sufficient chairs to seat up to 90 for groups, parties, quiz nights, receptions and meetings. It is centrally heated and well lit.
There is a full stage with proscenium arch and access steps and ample power points.
There is a large, fully equipped kitchen with range cooker, microwave oven, fridges and freezers and a large supply of crockery and cutlery.
There is level access to the hall and to the ladies, gents and disabled toilets.
There is limited parking on the forecourt and on-road parking on Grenham Bay Avenue.
CONDITIONS OF HIRE FOR THE HALLS AND COMMITTEE ROOM
1. A deposit of £50 (for the main hall) is to be paid at the time of booking. Full payment will be required not less than one week before the date of hiring.
2. The hirer is responsible for the supervision and protection of the fabric and contents of the building, together with the behaviour of all persons during the period of hire.
3. The building must be left clean and tidy – all rubbish should be removed and taken off site. The Church does not have facilities for the removal of rubbish other than its own.
4. The deposit will be withheld if the building is not left in a satisfactory condition or if rubbish is not taken away.
5. Any damages or breakages will be charged to the hirer.
6. The hirer must ensure that all crockery, cutlery and other kitchen utensils are washed and put away; tables and chairs are stacked, lights put out, keys returned and the building made secure. We ask you to bring your own tea towels for hygiene reasons.
In the event that the hiring involves the attendance of young persons under the age of 18yrs at the premises, the hirer confirms that an appropriate Child Protection Procedure will be in place. The hirer agrees to ensure that all adults present on the premises are aware of this procedure and abide by it. The hirer confirms that, when necessary, under the terms of the Child Protection Procedure, appropriate Criminal Bureau checks will be carried out in respect of persons involved with children and young people on the premises during the course of hiring.
CHURCH HOUSE LETTING PRICES – HALL AND COMMITTEE ROOM
Non-profit making organisations – £35 per session, £60 for two.
Profit making organisations – £40 per session, £70 for two.
Committee Room – £12 per session
A deposit of £50 is required for a one-off letting.
Sessions are usually a morning, afternoon or evening.
Payment at the Parish Office by either cash, or a cheque payable to “Birchington PCC”
or by BACS: sort: 40 10 43. Ac No: 90004952, Ref: Church House Hire.